This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
You have the right to:
• Get a copy of your paper or electronic medical record
• Correct your paper or electronic medical record
• Request confidential communication
• Ask me to limit the information I share
• Get a list of those with whom I’ve shared your information
• Get a copy of this privacy notice
• Choose someone to act for you
• File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated
USES AND DISCLOSURES
I may use and share your information as I:
• Treat you
• Run my organization
• Bill for your services
• Help with public health and safety issues
• Do research
• Comply with the law
• Address workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests
• Respond to lawsuits and legal actions
When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights and some of our responsibilities to help you.
Get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record:
- You can ask to see or get an electronic or paper copy of your medical record and other health
information I have about you. Ask me how to do this.
Ask me to correct your medical record
You can ask me to correct health information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete. Ask me how to do this.
• I may say “no” to your request, but I’ll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
Request confidential communications
• You can ask me to contact you in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
• I will say “yes” to all reasonable requests.
Ask me to limit what I use or share
• You can ask me not to use or share certain health information for treatment, payment, or our
operations. I am not required to agree to your request, and I may say “no” if it would affect your care.
• If you pay for a service or health care item out-of-pocket in full, you can ask me not to share that information for the purpose of payment or our operations with your health insurer. I will say “yes” unless a law requires me to share that information.
Get a list of those with whom I’ve shared information
- You can ask for a list (accounting) of the times I’ve shared your health information for six years prior to the date you ask, who I shared it with, and why.
• I will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment, and health care operations, and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked me to make). I’ll provide one accounting a year for free but will charge a reasonable, cost-based fee if you ask for another one within 12 months.
Get a copy of this privacy notice
You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. I will provide you with a paper copy promptly.
Choose someone to act for you
• If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information.
• I will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before we take any action.
File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated:
You can file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, calling 1-877-
696-6775, or visiting www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/.
• I will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.
- I will never share your information unless you give me written permission.
MY USES AND DISCLOSURES
HOW DO I TYPICALLY USE OR SHARE YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION?
I typically use or share your health information in the following ways.
- I can use your health information and share it with other professionals who are treating you.
Example: A doctor treating you for an injury asks another doctor about your overall health condition.
Run my organization
- I can use and share your health information to run my practice, improve your care, and contact you
Example: I use health information about you to manage your treatment and services.
Bill for your services
- I can use and share your health information to bill and get payment from health plans or other entities.
Example: I give information about you to your health insurance plan so it will pay for your services.
How else can I use or share your health information?
I am allowed or required to share your information in other ways – usually in ways that contribute to the public good, such as public health and research. We have to meet many conditions in the law before we can share your information for these purposes.
For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html.
Help with public health and safety issues
I can share health information about you for certain situations such as:
• Preventing disease
• Helping with product recalls
• Reporting adverse reactions to medications
• Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence
• Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety
I can use or share health information about you:
• For workers’ compensation claims
• For law enforcement purposes or with a law enforcement official
• With health oversight agencies for activities authorized by law
• I am required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
• I will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security
of your information.
• I must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this notice and give you a copy of it.
• I will not use or share your information other than as described here unless you tell me I can in
writing. If you tell me I can, you may change your mind at any time. Let me know in writing if you change
For more information see: www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/noticepp.html.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS OF THIS NOTICE
I can change the terms of this notice, and the changes will apply to all information I have about you. The new notice will be available upon request and on my website.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://lactationlotus.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through Striped. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripel, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.